Yorkshire terriers are sprightly, tomboyish, and affectionate dogs. They are small and weigh only 3-7 lbs. They have a long coat that requires regular brushing, and are happy with just a daily walk for exercise.
Other Yorkshire terrier facts:
• Enjoy cuddling
• Lively and quick
• Barks to announce strangers
• Compatible with other pets, but can be overwhelmed by roughhousing of small children
Teddy Bear dogs are affectionate, well-mannered, and playful. They are the result of mixing a combination of the following: Shih Tzu and Poodle, Bichon Frise and Shih Tzu, or a combination of all three. They have allergy-friendly coats and weigh between 12-14 lbs. and stand 12” high.
Other Teddy Bear facts:
• People-oriented, well-mannered, friendly
• Great family dogs
• Low shedding
• Soft, fluffy coat resembles a stuffed animal
• Eager to please and learn
Toy Poodles are playful, highly intelligent and sweet pups. They weigh just 6-9 lbs. and grow to stand about 10” high. Though they are small, they are very active dogs and are good with children and other pets.
Other Toy Poodle facts:
• Single layer coat with curly texture
• Highly trainable
• Very social and affectionate
• Great service, therapy, and seeing-eye animals
Maltese dogs are gentle, playful, and charming. This tiny breed weighs just 3-8 lbs. and stands 8-10” high. They have a long, white coat that requires grooming and daily brushing.
Other Maltese facts:
• Somewhat active; classic lapdogs
• Easy-going and content
• Like to be near humans
• Easy to train and house-break
• Minimal shedding
Shih Tzus are outgoing, affectionate, and playful dogs. They typically grow to weigh between 9-16 lbs. and stand 9-10” high. Shih Tzu pups are small and short-legged and make wonderful family pets.
Other Shih Tzu facts:
• Great companions
• Gets along with other pets and children
• Short walks are all the exercise they need
• Inside dog
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are affectionate, graceful, and gentle pups. They have a lush, colorful silk coat that requires weekly brushing. Typically, these dogs grow to be about 13-18 lbs. and 11-12” high.
Other Cavalier King Charles Spaniel facts:
• Get along well with children and pets
• Easily trained
• Like to chase small critters
• Require little exercise
The Yorkie-Poo is a lively, cute, spunky pup. This breed results from a combination of a Yorkshire terrier and a Toy Poodle. They usually weigh between 5-12 lbs. and stand 7-10” high.
Other Yorkie-Poo facts:
• Warm companion and lapdog
• Loves to be with people
• Does not do well being left alone for long periods of time
• Easily trainable
• Non-shedding and hypoallergenic
Morkies are happy, tiny, playful dogs. This breed is a combination of a Maltese and a Yorkshire terrier. These small pups weigh between 4-8 lbs. and stand between 6-8” high. They are happy-go-lucky and playful, despite their small size.
Other Morkie facts:
• Bright, easy to train
• Love to play
• Love people
• Few exercise needs
• Good pets for urban households
Shorkie-Zu pups are loyal, playful, and loving. They are a result of cross-breeding a Yorkshire terrier with a Shihtzu. They are non-shedding, making them ideal for allergy sufferers. Most Shorkie-Zus weigh between 6-14 lbs. and stand about 11” high.
Other Shorkie-Zu facts:
• Good with children and families
• Require minimal exercise
• Sweet, playful nature
• Good for small homes and apartments
A Bichon Frise is a playful, curious, peppy breed. These fluffy white dogs weigh about 11-22 lbs. and stand 9-12” high. Because the Bichon coat is hair and not fur, regular brushing is required in order to avoid matting.
Other Bichon Frise facts:
• High energy
• Require daily play and walks
• Cheerful, charismatic
• Love activity
Havanese pups are outgoing, intelligent, and curious by nature. They grow to about 7-13 lbs. and will stand about 8.5-11.5” high. They have a non-shedding coat, making them ideal for allergy sufferers.
Other Havanese facts:
• Curled tail is a breed hallmark
• Happy, somewhat athletic
• Trainable and intelligent
• Naturally affectionate
Pugs are playful, lively, and rambunctious pups. They have smooth, shorthaired coats that require simple grooming. Male Pugs can grow to weigh between 13-20 lbs. and stand 12-14” high, while female Pugs can weigh between 13-18 lbs., and about 10-12” high.
Other Pug facts:
• Good indoor dog
• Ideal for apartments and small homes
• Does not do well in extreme climates
• Happy-go-lucky temperament
• Sensitive to tone of voice
• Get along well with pets and children.
West Highland White Terriers (Westies) are happy, loyal, entertaining pups. These dogs are devoted and make wonderful travel companions due to their small size. They will grow to be about 15-20 lbs. and about 14-16” high.
Other West Highland White Terrier facts:
• Stiff, dry coat
• Very active
• Love to romp and play
• Like to chase after anything that moves
Miniature Pinschers (Min Pin) are clever, energetic, and friendly pups. They love to play, and are known for their intelligence and pep. This breed grows to be about 8-10 lbs. and 9-12” high. They have short hair and can be good watchdogs, despite their small stature.
Other Miniature Pinscher facts:
• Ideal for small homes, condos, or apartments
• Short, easy-care coat
• Obedience training takes time and effort, but are very clever
• High-stepping “hackney” gait
Cockapoos are active, intelligent, loving pups. They are a mixed breed that is a cross between Cocker Spaniel and Poodles. These puppies have outgoing personalities but remain relatively small, ranging in weight from 15-19 lbs. and standing about 11-15” high. Cockapoos are non-shedding and good for allergy sufferers because they produce low amounts of dander.
Other Cockapoo facts:
• People-oriented, friendly
• Quick to forgive
• Requires daily brushing and occasional grooming
• Plays well with other dogs and children
• Moderate energy; requires daily exercise
Maltipoos are fun-loving, affectionate, charming dogs. This breed is a popular cross between the Maltese and Poodle. These dogs grow to weigh between 5-15 lbs. and stand 8-14” high. They require daily brushing and monthly baths to keep their coats clean and tangle-free.
Other Maltipoo facts:
• Smart, easy to train
• Do well in apartments and homes
• Get along with children and other pets
• Shed very little
Miniature Schnauzers are friendly, smart, and obedient pups. They grow to weigh about 10-15 lbs. and stand 12-14” high. Their double-coat requires stripping or clipping, but they shed very little.
Other Miniature Schnauzer facts:
• Known for mustaches
• Like to be near their people
Boston Terrier pups are friendly, bright, and amusing. They weigh between 9-24 lbs. and can stand 14-17” high. These dogs are easily trained, people-oriented, and always up for a walk. Their short coats require minimal grooming.
Other Boston Terrier facts:
• Gentle disposition
• Easy to train
• Like to be near their owner
• Like to learn
Papillions are friendly, alert, and happy dogs. A small breed, they weigh between 9 lbs. and stand about 7-11” high. They are very active dogs and like exercise.
Other Papillion facts:
• Gentle, patient, lively
• Elegant toy dog
• Not shy or aggressive
• Love to cuddle